Contact Center Operational Consulting and Instructional DesignCase Study
The country’s longest running state-based marketplace established to provide high-value, affordable health coverage to individuals and small businesses.
The agency was in the midst of replacing their contact center vendor and implementing a premium billing vendor and was seeking operational and training expertise to assist with the implementation.
The agency engaged Zelus to assess the current state call center operations versus the future state call center operations to identify process gaps and recommend call center organization. Zelus was further engaged to assess and build a wide variety of training to service the complex health, dental enrollment, and billing systems as well as lead the effort to create the future state standard operating procedures across all departments.
- Provided a current state assessment of the call center workflows and team organization and made recommendations to reduce handoffs in the future state.
- Developed a 5-day comprehensive curriculum and content for the Back-Office Document Verification Call Center Team.
- The curriculum was new and source material was limited. Highlights of the curriculum included simulated eLearning of the Document Verification system applications which allowed learners hands-on practice for the first time.
- Agents also learned how to evaluate multiple types of documents as proof of eligibility. Hands-on activities were a much-needed value-add readying the agents to service customers.
- The agency’s Training Manager commented that content went from non-existent to state-of-the-art.
- Zelus was engaged to project manage the completion of 175 Standard Operating Procedures across 100+owners including internal staff, and two vendors.
- Only about 10% of the work was complete and the deadline was looming. Zelus fast-tracked the delivery by creating templates; conducting vendor training on how to write SOPS; reviewing each SOP process and handoffs with Owners; and editing about 70% of the SOPs.
- Zelus had minimal contact with most owners prior to project start; and was able to use their operational and system design expertise to lead the owners through the process to create high-quality SOPs.
- Ninety-five percent of the SOPs were delivered before the deadline. Those that were not complete were waiting for process decisions or technology updates.