Instructional Design RestructureCase Study
A regional health care company that offers a broad spectrum of group and network-based health care products to over 3.6 million members.
The Instructional Design Team was under performing. The training material was outdated. The material lacked industry standard best practices and adult learning techniques and was often incomplete. The training resulted in contact center agents not being ready for their role.
Zelus used their extensive knowledge of the health care industry, contact centers and instructional design skills to complete a needs analysis of all the contact center teams; and reviewed all the training material in the department. From the needs analysis Zelus re-imaged and updated all training material for new hire classes, gap training classes, new system training and the company’s product training.
- Redesigned the training material for all lines of business, including Medicare and Medicare Advantage; over 750 documents.
- Increased speed to market for new and revised material. The Zelus team worked 3x faster than the industry standard across the entire engagement.
- Incorporated robust hands-on exercises in training that spanned multiple systems.
- Built assessments to predict the capability of the trainee to do the job.
- Established the use of state of the art web-based training as a best practice for delivering awareness training to agents.
- Implemented a training approach that resulted in floor-ready trainees that met quality and productivity goals.
- Launched new contact channels, more than 10 software applications, and Healthcare Reform and Medicare Products.