Call Center Optimization & Technical ImplementationCase Study
A nationally recognized and trusted consumer brand committed to helping members create and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
The company was preparing for a significant product change anticipating that membership would increase substantially. The contact center had long lacked the focus and attention required to infuse the brand experience across inbound calls, emails, and online chats. The contact center was preparing for a significant ramp up in volume while it lacked technology solutions to support its agents.
- Developed a road map to achieve short-term launch efficiencies and long-term operational vision for the contact center. Created an operational launch plan to handle a large customer increase without creating excessive costs.
- Based on organizational decision to build a proprietary CRM system, the client used Zelus’ extensive contact center expertise and skilled staff to define business and functional requirements, manage prioritization, lead UAT efforts, train staff, and provide application deployment and launch support.
- Developed comprehensive blended learning, virtual and classroom program with eLearnings at its core; resulting in a quick, accurate, and consistent training for over 400 agents.
- Created RFI requests for contact center voice, chat and knowledge management solutions defining best practice needs within each channel. Key member of the selection process for all three solutions.
- Created operational improvements to shift the nature of contact center contacts from largely administrative to a more value-added support model.
- Comprehensively reviewed all content in organizational content management system to align to new system launches and reflect the brand
Since the effort started, the contact center:
- Reduced contacts per member by 29%
- Reduced cost per contact by more than 35%
- Delivered more than $20M in savings to the organization
- Achieved a 4-point gain in first contact resolution
- Supported at 25% membership increase while improving performance